Monday 26 November 2012

Air freshner oils

I don't like chemical based air freshners but I do like having a house which smells nice. I open the windows each day although they are only open for a wee while on cold winter days. I've just started making simple air freshners using essential oils and water. I use small spray bottles which you can get from chemists such as boots. They are designed for travelling but they make great air freshner bottles as they are the perfect size. Here's the blend I use in the bedroom. I'm not keen on flowery scents so this one is quite a woody scent. 100 ml spring water (i just use the water from my filter jug) 8 drops ylang ylang oil 8 drops sandalwood oil 2 drops clary sage Put the lid on the spray bottle and give it a good shake. Also shake it just before you spray it. Ylang ylang is a sensual oil so its great for a bedroom. It's also one of the oils I use in my massage blends. Clary sage relaxes me and helps me sleep. The sandalwood adds a bit of balance and stops the ylang ylang being to overpowering. If you try this blend leave a comment and let me know what you think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment